"First Mover" in our industry - what does it mean?
"Sustainability" or "to sustain" is generally understood as something that lasts for a long period of time. This is what should be essential, if it comes to planning and consulting work. It is elementary, that private and public infrastructure like airports, traffic/ transport, water/ environment, buildings/ schools as well as urban and landscape development are planned as proactively as possible.
Thus, the „sustainable management“ should be the core from which everything else grows up. So Dorsch (DI/BDC), is a so called "first mover" in its industry. You are invited to get familiar with what we do around "sustainability"…
- Guiding Principles
- Commitment to Sustainability
- Our Mission
- Flexible Worktimes
- Work & Family
- Social engagement
- Dealing with resources
- Sustainable thinking & acting
The guiding principles, gives us a consistent, sustainable direction. It describes our common understanding and our intentions.
Commitment to Sustainability
In regards of sustainability, we take our customers needs seriously and help to fulfil the value-chain.
Our mission is an expression of a strong brand. A mission, that motivates and pushes us every day. This is what we stand for and what labels us.
We want to apply our guiding principles into our daily work. Therefore we need rules, which give us orientation. For that purpose, the Code of Conduct was established and applies to everyone in our company.
We want to live these behaviours internally as externally with respect and decency. Working together in a friendly, open and professional atmosphere should be elementary. We put customers wishes and problems in the center of our consulting work. In order to do so, we put ourselves in our clients shoes in order to find adequat and innovative solutions. We are honest relating to the information & consulting-processes and analyze ourselves critically.
We want employees who are confident, motivated and performance-oriented. Recognition and constructive feedback strengthen our self confidence, push our independence and motivates us to come up with new ideas. Sustainable management is particularly important to us. Therefore, economical acting, social responsibility and ecological awareness are guiding principles of our company.
We are your contact partner for independent and sustainable engineering and planning. The customer needs have first priortity, therefore it‘s important to help in finding longlasting , sustainable solutions for the next generation.
No sooner said than done: We support internal environmental impact studies, accompanying landscaping, species protection tests or other relevant analyses for example, in order to question measures within the run-up or to minimise interventions into nature.
Our company is engaged based on the improvement of the economic, environmental and social performance. e. g.
- Innovation and development of new and improved planning methods and procedures in order to support the sustainability effort of our customers
- Support of the responsible use of services/solutions concerning environment, health and safety as well as the efficient use of resources
- In the cities and communities we act as a "good neighbour" and provide the best possible solutions on-site.
- Through our association work and together with our partners, we keep us up to date and use trainings and innovations networks.
A mission is an expression of a strong brand. Something, that motivates and pushes us every day. It is what we stand for, what labels us.
The aspirations we set for ourselves are:
- We plan infrastructure, which will be important in the future!
- We rely on sustainable planning!
- What we plan, we plan for you!
Flexible working hours
Objectives of our flexible working models are to align employees private obligations and to serve our customers best.
Work & family
The pme family service takes care of individual and private challenges, e. g. linked with child – or elder care at home.
Our company supports social institutions in order to help needy people.
Goal of the working hour model is to unite customers needs, companys objectives and private obligations of the employees.
The employees are in close contact with their line managers and colleagues in order to guarantee daily buiness responsibilities. They act as an "entrepreneur within the own company".
There are no fixed core hours, that way every employee has the flexibility and ownership to handle work independently – from the office, at home – or on the road.
Dorsch offers flexible working, independent from time and location. Based on the facts, the Co2 footprint is being minimised significantly.
The pme family service supports all employees in combining work and private life, so they can concentrate better on their daily responsibilities with a clear head and public health.
The offer ranges from individual care solutions for children and elder people in need to numerous child and education facilities.
Under the pme umbrella - an acadamy also offers additional educational trainings.
1. "Social Day" (local support)
The voluntary service for charitable purposes – so called „Social Day or Corporate Volunteering“ – is now part of the corporate culture in many firms. Companies give their employees a day off, so that they can engage in charitable activities in order to take social responsibility e.g. Diakonia).
2. The "Blue Heart" (international support)
Since 2012 we especially support, an e-learning project in Brazil, which offers internet based education for children.
3. Corporate Run - J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge (support for handicapped people)
With the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge we reinvorce health of our staff and in parallel we support handicaped people with the start fees.
4. "Engineers without Borders" (support through our company know-how)
With a sponsoring membership, we support the aid organisation "Engineers without Borders" and offer voluntary help within world wide aid projects.
Dealing with resources
The gentle use of natural resources, is today more important than ever before...
We constantly improve our mobility concept.
Sustainable thinking & acting
We plan proactively and sustainably. Our engagement speaks for itself…
The paperless office is a vision, that encourages to rethink our own behaviour in our daily business. Nevertheless we are aware, that especially within the planning work, paper can‘t be waived. Therefore it seems more important, to identify areas, where the use of paper can be reduced reasonably.
The following measures have already been implemented successfully:
- Switching the printer settings to "duplex printing"
- Use of FSC certificated paper with ecolabel
- Electronic data storage via intranet/internet. The usage of the web does not only reduce paper consumption, but also transportation costs
- Introduction of a "green" auto-signature, in order to reduce paper usage
In the year 2015, the water consumption at DI and BDC had been 1.018 m³. That is 5,03 m³ per person and year. Compared to last year, it dropped 8 %.
We regularly rethink our mobility management related to:
- improving and customising our travel workflow
- external consulting in order to optimise our mobility processes
- focusing on state-of-the-art mobility solutions
Joint key figures for DI & BDC:
Primay Energy Consumption Transport (2015): 3.275 MWh
Primay Energy Consumption Transport (2016): 1.029 MWh
-> Reduction by 66% compared to previous year
Km Flugzeug (2015): 1.870.386
Km Flugzeug (2016): 474.332
-> Reduction by 74% compared to previous year
We plan our projects in a proactive and sustainable way.
Our initiatives in a nutshell:
The certificate by the TÜV Rheinland confirms us overall "Sustainable Management"
The "Learning by Design" prize was awarded to us for "Sustainable Planning"
- With the charity "Engineers without Borders" our experts have the chance to help on a voluntary base with their individual expertise
- Our workforce certifies us authenticity and transparency with the official labels "Top Company" and "Open Company" by kununu
The "DQS" label confirms us profound quality management